Suicide Prevention Week
- Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for ages 10-24.
- More teenagers and young adults die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
- Suicide Threats: Either Direct or Indirect Statements
- Previous Suicide Attempts
- Preoccupation or Obsession with death or suicide
- Making Final Arrangements
The Truman Middle School counseling team of Mrs. Blue-Hamilton (counselor) and Ms. Barrett (social worker) prepare for Suicide Prevention Week activities. Our theme is "Ask 4 Help," which is symbolized by our yellow ribbons.
Counselor Megan Hay made goodie bags for our 68 NEW Florence Hill Broncos!